About Elections Canada
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament. It conducts federal elections and referendums and ensures that Canadians can exercise their democratic rights to vote and become candidates.
What does Elections Canada do?
- Maintains the voters list and stays ready to conduct elections.
- Enforces the Canada Elections Act, including its political financing provisions.
- Educates voters about where, when and how to vote, including which identification is required to vote.
- Delivers civic education programming and resources to elementary and secondary-level students.
- Supports the independent commissions that adjust electoral boundaries.
Learn more about Elections Canada here.